Friday 23 September 2016

The dream giver

As my pointy wings flutter through the air, on a dark and gloomy night I land up on an old, rusty windsill. I check to see if I am in the right place, 2655 Kenzington Avenue Orphanage, this is it.

Bed by bed as the kids snore they lay peacefully undisturbed. I step to each bed,  cracking eggs of golden liquid on their prize possessions that lay on top of them. I place all my magic glowing eggs onto the end of one  of the orphans bed not giving it another though I walked away.
A Ballerina dancing, and twirling around the floor. An astronaut floating around the room, a little boy shakes his hands as if he was playing the drums. Out popped a team of baseball players pitching the ball. All the children were having plesent dreams until I hear ‘CRACK’. I turn around in thinking the worst as fear rushes over me. I race over to the bed where the eggs were sitting to see what had happened. They had dropped, not just on the floor but on a book about a Black Serpent! The worst was yet to come, and I had to stop this boy from encountering a nightmare.

Flicking to the first page, I can see the astronaut trembling with fear as he stands in the middle of the jungle. Slowly he pulled a stone right before my eyes, and it was to late to stop him. He had woken up the Black Serpent who looked very angry and was now ready to chase him. I flick the page of the book and I find myself in the book also so I can save this little boy from a nightmare.  He was being chased to the edge of the cliff by the Serpent. I drip my magic eggs on the Serpent in the hope that would stop him from reaching the young boy. I drop more eggs and even more until they start to work. The roots from the trees had started to grow and encase the Serpent in it, forming a hold on him. The more I dropped the more the roots grew, until finally the Serpent was trapped and the boy was saved.

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment