Friday 23 September 2016

Powerless

Taking small steps towards the depressed colours laid across the road. Alice can feel the hard gravel on her feet. My face gets pulled up by the sound of a familiar voice, it’s Jorja.
“Are you heading to school?”.
“Yeah” I reply. Walking shyly through the polished metal gates. Pushing past a crowd of kids, My body collides with another. My eyes focused on the clear glass door standing in my path.

 I made my way to the corridor where I entered my class. The relaxing warm air flew at me as I invaded the enclosured surrounding. Happy thoughts overtook the feeling that had just happened. I felt confused as I stood before hundreds, It felt like a million eyes were staring at me.
“Good morning everyone” Miss Kate exclaimed.
“As you can see we have a new student here with us today”.
 ‘What if nobody likes me, what if I don't fit in’. I had 1 brain and 1000 things going through it.  The bell bellowed in my ear. I walk towards Myah, Abby and Katie as they lay among the luscious green grass. Eyes fixed on the beautiful baby blue sky. Each second brung me closer and closer to them. Looking over at me, they say
“What do you want”
“I was thinking I might be able to join in” I whispered with dread.
 Then without any answer they jumped up, and left me there all alone. The cold wind whistled in my ear, sending a shiver through my body. ‘I’ll never be the same’ I thought, My eyes caught a glimpse of Miss Kate approaching me. I felt a tear fall from my small green eyes, as I thought of what she was coming over to me for. Words started to blurt out of her mouth. The day had ruined me, my heart was broken. Nobody liked me and everybody thought that I was a loser. I was a failure, I wasn’t good at anything.
“Hello darling, did you make any new friends?” Asked Denise.
“No” I moaned as I stormed up the elevating stairs.

The world was awake and the smell of baked beans on toast filled the air. Waiting for mum to storm up the stairs to tell me it was time to eat. I rolled out of bed, pulled on my clothes and thought ‘another day of suffering’. I walked down the stairs, and ate to my delight.
“ Hey Alice, don’t let anyone get you down”
This piece of hope had  just brightened up my whole day. I loved school, It was the only thing apart from breakfast that motivated me each day. Climbing out the door I came face to face with the morning dew. I had finally arrived at the gate and I was ready to start my day. I hung my bag onto the cloak labeled Alice. I heard footsteps coming up the corridor towards me. I quickly turned around to hear voices coming from the classroom so I went to see who it was, It was Katie, Abby and Myah. I wondered what they were talking about. “Speak of the devil here she is” exclaimed Katie. They were whispering about me. I see the door open within a second I see Miss Kate came  in.
“Girls my office now” Miss Kate demanded,
“Do you girls have something to say to Alice” She questioned
They turned around ashamed of themselves 3 girls and 1 pray.
“Stop talking about her behind her back, Treat others the way you want to be treated” Jorja said seriously.
“Thanks” I told her.





No comments:

Post a Comment