Sunday 6 November 2016

Help

“The plane will be passing Bora Bora on our way to the Great Barrier Reef” The pilot announced. I looked out the oval framed transparent glass to look at the view that stretched for miles. “Hi, Im April, Today I’m traveling to the great barrier reef.” “I’m really excited because we get to take the route of flying over the stunning island of Bora Bora”. Well as I was enjoying my quiet trip in a first class seat, I started to hear the dreaded sound of fighting, from the 5 year old twins Lincoln and Lochlain. I could hear them from across the aisle. Trying to block out the horrid sound and embrace my once in a lifetime experience, I reclined luxurious white seat backwards.


Looking around I notice that everyone is dozing off. I was unsure why this was happening. ‘ Was it the new change in scene, were they trying to relax, or was something wrong?’ I thought to myself. My eyes slowly closed, I instantly fell into what felt like a deep coma. Lying there in a deep sleep, my body started to awaken again. A vibrating shiver climbed up my back like a mountain biker struggling to peddle up Mt Taranaki. Lifting my arm from beside my stiff body, To reach behind my back so I could latch onto my phone.  Twitching my index finger to the answer button.
“Hello, It’s April speaking” My voice stuttered. “Good afternoon April” It's Mykel Hawke's here. “I’m calling you to inform you that your plane is going down, Are you able to warn others” He asked me. “Mykel Hawke's, Sir, I think we're running out of oxygen” I mentioned. “Do you have any idea where you are” “We are just flying over the Island of Bora Bora”. Leaning onto the window, searching for oxygen, “Help” I begged.  “Just hold on, we’re coming into a landing” Ashley our flight attendant said.
My ears captured a noise from outside the enclosure room. I opened the doors curiously to hear the pilot saying “ Fasten your seatbelts, we're going down “. As my anxious self I secured my seat belt to the tightest that it could go. It felt as if I was sitting there waiting to crash, probably because I was. I couldn’t do anything to help myself except to sit there quietly and hope for the best result.
A million memories rushed throughout my mind, Sad ones, Happy ones, Funny ones and the best of all the special ones.
‘How long do I have left to live’ “Don’t worry” Ashley reminded everyone. I felt the plane dance from one side to side, as if the plane was dancing the salsa. It finally felt as if the crash was actually happen, Rather than a fairytale gone wrong.The plane tilted forward as if we were going to crash into the ground at any second. The compact of the sand hitting the tip of the plane. ‘Who’s fault was it’, ‘Who made us crash?’ I wanted to know who did this to us. Sitting up from my reclined leather chair, Striding over to the pit to see if the pilot was conscious. I was the only person who was up and moving. Walking up to the dented metal door of the plane. Kicking and pushing the door but it wouldn’t budge. I had to go with plan B, smash the window so we could escape. Reaching for the neon orange glass breaker, Tapping the shiny silver tips onto the glass. I was surprised when it smashed on the first tap. Pulling myself out of the small opening to take a big gasp of fresh air. I was relieved, I doubted that I would have made it out alive. Taking one last breath of air, I jump back into the deformed plane, I walk up the aisle, Trying to retrieve everyone to consciousness.
I lifted my arm to show everybody to the exit.  In a single file line they all strode forward to the vibrant blue sky with the balls of cotton floating above. For all I knew, we were stranded on an island that everyone wishes to go to.  The only upside to this disaster was that we will get to stay in a relaxing hotel even if all the 5 star hotels are booked out. Making my way around the line of people blocking the aisle, I jumped out the window and helped the line of kids and adults out onto the hot sand.
Once everyone had escaped from the enclosure plane, we made our way to the river to take a big gulp of fresh cool water. Looking around searching for a hotel. Climbing up the crackly sand to the monoroof  hotel, that sat on the tip of a hill. I go to enter the hotel to find Mykel Hawke's sitting at a varnished wooden chair.


Approaching him, “Hello” Mr Hawke’s
“Hello, is it April” He asked puzzled
“Do you wanna join me for a meal” He exclaimed
“Sure” I answered
“It’s a hard decision to choose in my eyes, what you would like to order”
“I think I might order the Fruit salad!, It’s the perfect mixture”
I finished my meal as if I hadn’t eaten in a month. Walking to the checkin to question if they had any rooms free.
“You got lucky, we never have rooms free” she said
Making my way up the staircase to the room labeled 28, shoving the key into the lock and opening the rimu door. Throwing myself onto the white sheets, spreading my body across the bed. The sound of my ringtone danced around my ear, I picked my phone up to answer. “Its April speaking” I answered
“We’re sending you and the other passengers a free ticket to ride the Air Tahiti Nui airline” She said happily
“Thank you, Thank you” I said thankfully
Hanging the phone up, Grabbing my suitcase and rushing down the swirl of stairs. Dropping the keys at the counter and collecting everyone from the lobby. Rushing out the door and off to the airport we are. I got out of there and into the airport in less than a heartbeat.
I was anxious of what had just happened to me less than a day ago. I was still scared of what might happen to me when we got onto the airplane and into air. But I was so excited to get to the Great Barrier Reef and see my family. I couldn’t wait to get to the Australian airport and be able to let go of all my negative thoughts and feelings about the trip. I had already planned the way that I was going to tell everyone about the best and the worst time of my life, But nothing would ever beat the feeling of being surrounded by family and friends...
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment